Helping You Pick the Best Materials for Fairfax Roofing
The next time that you’re out driving through the community, pay attention to different homes and buildings that you pass. You’ll notice that each, in its own way, is unique. Even those with a similar layout have a little something that sets them apart from the structures around them.
Because each home is unique in its own right, each homeowner deserves the chance to choose equally unique roofing materials to both accentuate its look and to protect it from the elements. At MAC, we understand this and thus strive to offer the widest array of roofing materials of any Fairfax roofing contractor. Our company was founded with a sales background, so we’re uniquely familiar with the materials available to you and can help you make the most informed decision on what to use in your next roofing project.
Different Roofing Materials
When it comes to roofing in Fairfax VA, you have a variety of options to outfit your roof with.
- Asphalt shingles: The least expensive and most popular roofing material on the market, asphalt shingles offer good protection for your roof and are relatively easy to install. They come in a variety of colors so as to offer homeowners a sense of customization, and are manufactured following very strict guidelines. Their main drawback is that they are susceptible to wind damage.
- Clay tile: Those looking to add a little southwestern flair to their home may wish to go with a clay tile roof. It’s resistant to mold and decay, and will probably outlast any roof deck it’s built upon. It is one of the more expensive materials, and can’t be walked on.
- Metal: Metals roofs remain popular for their extreme durability. Galvanized and galvalume roofs are very popular in coastal areas where hurricanes and tropical storms are common. They are resistant to almost everything and are easy to install, yet tend to be more expensive than other materials.
- Slate: Slate is another of the long-lasting and durable roofing materials. Slate roofs can be very expensive to install, but be prepared to never have to replace it during your lifetime. We also offer a GAF Tru Slate installation which is more reliable and less expensive using authentic slate.
- Wooden shingles: Typically made from cedar, wooden shingles offer homes a nice rustic look while also being resistant to rot and decay. These shingles are slightly more expensive than asphalt, yet can be even more durable.
At MAC, we have the knowledge and skills to not only help you pick the best material for roofing in Fairfax, but to install and maintain it for you as well.
Trust Us with Your Roofing Project
We at MAC are here to provide roofing, gutter, window, and siding services to the areas within Virginia and Maryland such as Fairfax, Ashburn, Leesburg, Woodbridge, Silver Spring, & Columbia. Visit our Contact Us page or give us a call at (703) 404-9777 or (301) 563-9191 to schedule an appointment with one of our roofing professionals today.